Learn English and Culture in the Heart of New York State
Students who want to succeed in English benefit greatly from ELI courses. The core program at the ELI is Academic English, designed for students who are conditionally admitted to Syracuse University, students who wish to study at another university in the United States, professionals who would like to improve their English to better succeed in their careers, and other individuals who would like to learn English intensively.
The ELI also offers additional programs in the summer that are specialized for unique purposes. These programs include Legal English and English for Architecture. Other programs can be designed as needed for new cohorts of students.
Some highlights of the English Language Institute:
- Established in 1979 on the Syracuse University campus
- High quality intensive English
- Year-round instruction
- Pre-academic programs to prepare undergraduate and graduate students for US study
- Professional discipline-specific programs
- Cultural orientation
- Peer mentors, conversation groups, conversation partners, and holiday events
- Opportunities to explore Niagara Falls, Green Lakes, Alexandria Bay, Skaneateles Lake, and other nearby attractions