Students who want to succeed in English benefit greatly from ELI courses. The core program at the ELI is Academic English, designed for students who are conditionally admitted to Syracuse University, students who wish to study at another university in the United States, professionals who would like to improve their English to better succeed in their careers, and other individuals who would like to learn English intensively.
The ELI also offers additional programs in the summer that are specialized for unique purposes. These programs include Business English and Legal English.
Some highlights of the English Language Institute:
- Established in 1979 on the Syracuse University campus
- High quality intensive English
- Year-round instruction
- Pre-academic programs to prepare undergraduate and graduate students for US study
- Professional discipline-specific programs
- iBT TOEFL testing site
- Cultural orientation
- Peer mentors, conversation groups, conversation partners, and holiday events
- Opportunities to explore Niagara Falls, Alexandria Bay, Skaneateles Lake, and other nearby attractions
Stories From Our Students
All of my experiences in the U.S. have been special and unique and I’m very grateful to the ELI staff for making it easier for me. As with everyone moving to a new country, at the beginning I was full of questions and quite scared. There were many reasons for it; about the culture, the … Continued” See More Stories
ThiagoSee More Stories
Turkish Graduate Student Program
Syracuse University and the English Language Institute are pleased to welcome a group of Turkish graduate students for Spring 2016Turkish Graduate Student Program
SU Virtual Tour
Visit campus online! Take a walking tour that explores the buildings and sights of our beautiful campus. Visit the Quad, academic buildings, the Carrier Dome and more.