As a Syracuse University student, you are required to upload immunization records and health forms before you arrive on campus and go your your Health Clearance appointment at Health Services at the Barnes Center at the Arch. Please view the information below and follow the steps provided to upload your immunizations records and health forms.
Submitting Health Forms in your Patient Portal
You may complete forms within the Patient Portal.
- After logging in with your NetID and password, click the “Forms” option on the top menu.
- A list of forms will appear on the next webpage.
- Required forms will be marked with a red asterisks (*).
- Begin the process by clicking on the desired form and then follow prompts to complete.
- Identification and Authorization – This form gives the Barnes Center at The Arch staff permission to treat you at our clinics along with providing us an emergency contact. To sign, use your finger on a touch screen or the mouse on your computer.
- Health History – Check all medical conditions that you have had in the past or currently have. Students (for minors this is required by their parent/guardian) must fill out this part in full. This form will provide us with information needed to best treat you, should you visit. Please remember that your health information is strictly confidential and cannot be shared with any other part of the University.
- Minor Consent and Waiver – This form must be completed by a parent/guardian if you will not be 18 years of age by the time you begin classes. Please print this form and complete it in full. Once you have completed the form, you will need to upload it to the Patient Portal.
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening – All students are required to complete the TB screening. You (and for those under age 18, your parent/guardian) must fill out this part in full. Please read each question carefully.
In accordance with New York Public Health Law Sections 2165 and 2167, all Syracuse University students who were born on or after Tuesday, January 1, 1957, and registered for six or more credit hours or residing in University housing, must demonstrate proof of immunization for measles, mumps, rubella and meningococcal disease prior to beginning classes. If applicable, only officially translated documents are accepted.
The Barnes Center at The Arch health and wellness team must maintain a record of the following for each student:
- Documentation of two doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) or proof of immunity.
- Documentation of one dose of meningococcal meningitis ACWY vaccine within the preceding five years and after the age of 16 or a completed waiver form declining the vaccination.
In addition, Syracuse University is requiring all students who plan on studying on campus starting June 1st, 2021 to have a COVID-19 vaccination before arriving on campus. You will need to upload proof of COVID-19 vaccination to your Patient Portal before you travel to Syracuse.
Uploading Immunization Records in your Patient Portal
Using your NetID and password, log into the Patient Portal to submit the needed health history and immunization record forms for review. Records may also be faxed to 315.443.9010. For instructions of how to submit records visit the Patient Portal page.
New students cannot access housing assignments, class schedules, parking and arrival passes until health history and immunization record forms have been submitted.
For questions or additional information, please contact Medical Records by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 315.443.2667.
- 1. After logging in, click the “Upload” option from the top menu.
- On the upload screen, select “Immunization Form.” Your immunizations may be an immunization history record from your health care provider or your health care provider may complete our form, which can be found under “Forms”, titled “Immunization Form”.
- Select your file from your computer and click “Upload”.
- Once complete, the uploaded file will display as “Documents already on file”.
Uploading your COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination
- Log into the Patient Portal with your SU NetID and password.
- Select the “Immunizations” tab from the top menu, and select “Enter Dates”
- Under the “Recommended Immunizations” heading, find the type of COVID-19 vaccine you received, enter the dates(s) and click Submit.
- Once the date(s) have been submitted, select the “Upload” tab from the top menu.
- Follow all upload instructions.
- In the drop-down menu labeled “Choose Document,” select “COVID Proof of Vaccination.”
- Click “Select a file,” choose the file containing your vaccination documents, and click “Upload.”
All ELI students are required to have medical insurance. This requirement is for the protection of our students. Medical costs in the United States can be significant. It is important that our students be prepared for a medical emergency. Students must either present proof of medical insurance or purchase insurance upon arrival.
The health insurance policy must match or exceed the following minimum coverage:
- Medical benefits of at least $50,000 per person per accident or illness.
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of $15,000.
- Expenses associated with medical evacuation in the amount of $50,000.
- A deductible not to exceed $100 per accident or illness.
- Dependents of student must also have the same coverage.
Health insurance information for different carriers are available at the following links:
* Students who are fully or conditionally admitted to a Syracuse University degree program will automatically be charged for the new university AETNA health insurance plan upon transfer into Syracuse University. For more information, please visit SU’s international student website here.